If you offer professional services… If your image is important to your company and career… If you have an online profile… You need a professional headshot. And you should refresh it every 12 to 18 months.
First impressions only happen once
They happen very quickly
A selfie (or even a friendie) is not a professional way to present yourself to the world.
A professional headshot (view my portfolio here) costs less than you think, is completely painless (guaranteed), and has a far greater impact than you would ever expect (especially if your competitors are entrusting their fate to selfies).
Here’s how a headshot session works
- SET UP We begin by finding a date and time that works with your busy schedule. Once we figure that out, I will send you all the necessary paperwork electronically. A couple of clicks and you’ll be all set.
- EXPECTATIONS We’ll chat briefly by email or phone so I can get an idea of the image type you are looking for, what business you work in, what you are seeking to communicate, etc. It helps me to get a few things prepped so everything is ready to get to work when you arrive.
- THE SESSION We begin by checking the lighting and making some adjustments for your height and clothing, etc. Then I will take a series of images of you facing in different directions. This helps us hone in on your best angles. I will have the camera tethered up to a large laptop, so you can see the results yourself on screen, in real time.
- DOWN TO BUSINESS Once that is out of the way, we really start shooting, focusing on a few poses. In the process, I will show you some tricks of posing and micro-expressions to help you present the exact look you are going for. My goal with professional headshots is to create an image that shows you as confident and authoritative, yet approachable.
- CHANGES? Typically, in a 30-minute session, you can fit in two different “looks” if you like (different shirt/top; with or without sport coat, etc.).
- PREVIEWS During the process of shooting, we may pause to review the results, so we can hone in on poses you like and take more of those.
- POST Within about 48 hours of you walking out my studio door, you will receive at least six lightly-retouched images in an online gallery that you can download and use for professional purposes.
That’s it. I strive to make this process efficient, relaxed, and even a bit fun. You will learn some things that will help you look better in group and posed photos in future, and you will come away with a series of images that will help you present a better you to the world.
- A 30-minute session in the studio designed to capture a professional headshot for branding, online profiles, and corporate brochures.
- The headshot creation fee formally books your appointment and includes your session in studio (or, if you choose, at a downtown location with a background you love), post-session processing and preparation of your images, and at least six photos for downloading and printing via an online gallery.
- A 60-minute session on location or in the studio to create the perfect photographic art for your space. This can include a wall portrait, an heirloom album, a portrait folio, and digital images.
- The portraiture creation fee formally books your portrait appointment and covers the pre-session consultation in person or by phone, your portrait session, post-session processing, and preparation of your images and a private viewing/ordering appointment at our studio. It does not include any prints, digital files, or products.